Coffee and flowers

I'm back with a flowery DT card for the new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. This time the theme is food and drinks and although we might not want to drink that flower soaked coffee, it's still there.

I have to say that I really like the bright colors and summery feel of this card. I really look forward to giving this to someone who loves her coffee.

I started stamping the flowers from the Avery Elle "Spring bouquet" stamp set and the the coffee cup from Simply Cards and Papercraft. I colored them both using my copic markers. I cut a slit in the middle of the coffee and planted the flowers right in the middle of the coffee. 


I made a background panel using papers from the june Lollipop box club kit. I really, really love that kit club. They have such amazing things. I used som rectangle stitch dies to frame the papers a bit. I popped the coffee and flowers up using foam tape and placed it on the background panel to create some dimension and also to separate it from the busy background.

The sentiment is a stamp from the Newton's Nook stamp set "Newton loves coffee". I fishtaled the sentiment strip and glued on top of the coffee cup.

As a finishing touch I used some glittery Nuvo drops to accent the pollen bearers on the flowers and the coffee beans on the cup.


I hope you will join us on our food and drinks challenge. I urge you to take a look at what the other design team members have made.


Comments

Popular Posts