Happy spring

Sometimes stamp images just make me giggle like crazy. That is the case with this naughty sheep from Skull and Cross Buns. He just seems like an old grump and when the sentiment is "Happy spring" it just cracks me up. I also placed a flower in his mouth and now he seems to say "Well... I am eating your flower bed. Try stopping me..." He is not just naughty. He is a thug!

Anyway; For this card I used the "Spring friends" card kit with a couple of additions. I started with the images and stamped the naughty sheep from the "Spring friends" stamp set and also stamped the bee and the daffodils from the "Spring motifs" stamp set. I stamped one of the daffodils in the sheeps mouth since he looked quite "hangry" (hungry and angry).

I colored the images using my copic markers before fussy cutting them. I also highlighted the images using a white gel pen.

I colored a blue "blob" on a white piece of cardstock to suggest a blue sky and I also cut a couple of grass borders using a Lawn Fawn die before coloring these. I colored both the sky and the grass using distress Oxcide inks. I also sprinkled a few drops of water on top of the colored elements to create some extra interest.

I layered the grass on top of the sky panel and cut the panel to size using a stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn.

I then placed my images on the panel, popping some of them up on foam squares. I stamped the sentiment from the "Spring friends" stamp set and drew a flying trail for the bee.

I cut another stitched rectangle using one of the pretty patterned papers from the "Spring friends card kit" and glued it on a green card base also from the kit. To finish the card I popped the panel up on foam before I glued it to the patterned paper.

I hope you'll have a happier day than my sheep!


Comments

Popular Posts