Celebrate

Oh wow! It's a new day and a new challenge is up at A Blog Named Hero today and this month we are all about celebrating Hero Arts' 45th birthday with them. Our selected theme is of course "Celebrate".

For my design team project I have made this birthday card for a guy celebrating his 40th birthday. He was the project manager in the restoration of the building I have freehand cut a silhouette of and that I have glued behind the sentiment.

Ok, so for this card I started with the foreground wich is a white die cut from a fancy die from the August 2018 My Monthly Hero kit. I cut away some of the die cut to open it up a bit. I also cut away one of the tables and moved one of the chairs to join the other. I cut away all of the coffee cups because I wanted this to be a table for wine drinking.


I colored the remaining parts of the frame using copic markers with highlights in a white gel pen.

I cut another white frame and cut away all the colored bits to only have the frame itself and glued this on top of the other frame.

To create the background I blended red and orange inks well before spritsing the sky with some water to create variation in the colors. I then glued on my freehandcut building and the ground. The ground is made by dotting some warm grey copic colors on to a grey piece of cardstock.

I white embossed a few clouds from the April My Monthly Hero kit and also stamped a few birds from the same kit.


And then for the one thing that sparked my idea for this card, the wine glasses. I stamped and colored these (still using my copic markers) and put these on the table. I also stamped the sentiment. Both the sentiment and wine glasses are from the April My Monthly Hero kit. I then cut a white piece of cardstock to put on the menu sign and wrote 40 on this.

To finish the card I glued it on to a red card base made from the cardstock in the April kit.

I hope you will join us in the celebration of Hero Arts this month. I can't wait to see your projects.
Please visit the other team members and see their projects as well. I promise you; they are all amazing:

Lise Mariann (That's me)
 

Comments

Popular Posts