Swinging by to say hello

Today I am sharing a card inspired by the talented Nancy otherwise known as Nananas in her blog and on her Instagram. The past month we have been inspired by other crafters on A Blog Named Hero and this is my second post for the theme.

I have noticed that Nancy often uses windows on her card to put her images in. She also uses background stamps and stencils to ground her design on and I have also noticed that she stamps her background stamps or stencils on the top half of her cards. My interpretation of these elements resulted in the card below.



To create this card I stamped the cute hanging kitty from the “Knitting” stamp set. I colored the cat using copic markers and highlighted it using a white gel pen.

I stamped the “Knitting pattern bold prints” background stamp using several yellow, orange and red ink colors to create a gradient pattern. I cut the panel to size and cut a round hole in the panel using a stitched circle die. I backed the whole using acetate to create a “real window” and attatched the kitty using red string from the top part of the inside of the window. I popped the panel up on foam to create wiggle space for the cat and backed the panel using a left over piece of of patterned paper that matched the string.



I stamped the sentiment from the May 2018 MMH kit using black ink and cut it to size and glued it on to the panel. I also made a red bow using the same string as the cat hangs by and attatched it to the sentiment strip.



To finish the card I glued the panel to a white card base.

Comments

Popular Posts