You're good as gold

Hello matey! Put on your captain's hat, go get some rum and hoist the sails because the next two weeks we are doing pirate crafting at The Male Room Challenge.

I didn't really have any pirate themed stamps or such so I decided to make a scene card using stamps that I already had and altering them as needed. I also needed to freehand draw a few images.

I started by stamping the boat and cat from the "Fishin hole" stamp set by Hello Bluebird. I drew on a mast and a pirate flag on the boat. I also drew a captain's hat on the cat as well as a sword and a patch over his eye. I needed a treasure for the cat to protect and I drew a chest and stamped a few of the fish also from the "Fishin Hole" stamp set inside the chest.


Captain Meow needed someone to fight against too so I found the mouse and vase from the "On the shelf" stamp set by Gerda Steiner designs and made a boat for the mouse from the vase. I also gave the mouse a tiny sword.

I colored all the images using my copic markers and highlighted them using a white gel pen.

To make the background I used several blue and purple oxide inks to blend a sky and couple of darker blue colors to create the water. I masked of the water and sky to create a strict line for the horizon line. I also stamped three birds from the July My Monthly Hero stamp set by Hero Arts.

I used a couple of wave dies by Lawn Fawn to put the boats in and cut the background to size using a stitched rectangle die also by Lawn Fawn.



I stamped the sentiments on a white sentiment strip using a stamp set by Norsk Stempelblad. They read "For a good friend" and "You are as good as gold".

Finally I glued the images and sentiments to the background and glued the whole thing to a white card base.

I hope you will go all ahoy with us the next couple of weeks.
...and really bad eggs...
 

Comments

Popular Posts