Swinging by to say...cuuute!

Oh, what a glorious saturday. The weather is nice, I'm visiting a friend to eat great food, drink wine and watch movies (on safe distance of course) and of course; late breakfast, long shower, no work! Just lovely!

Another lovely thing happening today is that we are opening a new challenge at A Blog Named Hero. And could it be more perfect (for me at least)? This month's theme is "cute". I love making cute cards. The cuter, the better in my opinion.

So this is my first DT card for this theme. On this card I combined the bicycle from the January 2019 My Monthly Hero kit with a monkey, sentiment and flowers from the "Thanks a bunch monkeys" stamp set.

Here's how I created the card:

First I blended the background using the ink pad colors Lime green, Forever green, Key lime, Taffy and Butter bar, graduatly fading the blending out on the top. I then cut the background to size using a stitched rectangle die.

I then stamped the images on copic friendly cardstock. To make the monkey that probably should be hanging from a tree or something ride the bike I needed to mask a bit af the image, but that was an easy task. When the monkey sat on the bike he became this fist pumping monkey wich wasn't really as cute as I wanted so I needed him to hold something instead. I stamped the sentiment, also on the same copic friendly cardstock and freehand drew a sign around the sentiment.

I used the following copic colors to color my images:
* Monkey: E29, E37, E35, E33, E31, E04, R24
* Bicycle: 100, YR04, Y19, C7, C5, C3, E37, E35, E33
* Flowers: RV14, RV21, R00
* Sign: E29, E37, E35, E33, E31

 

I highlighetd my images using a white gel pen and then fussy cut them out. Let me tell you; using a scalpel to cut the insides of the wheels on the bike isn't really something you should start doing at 01.30 in the night...

I then glued my images to the background and then the background to a white card base.

I loved making this cute card. I hope you will make something sugary sweet and cute as well.

Comments

Popular Posts