Hey handsome birthday card

Well... back to the ordinary. I have used my summer vacation and have my first day back at work today. Good thing that we still have challenges as a comfort. We are celebrating The Male Room's 7th birthday and of course we are doing that with a fun birthday themed challenge. This time we have a couple of lovely prizes as well. Be sure to take a look at The Male Room blog.

For my inspiration card I made a shaker card in the shape of a birthday cake.I started by ink blending a background using oxcide ink in the colors Vintage photo, Antique linen, Tattered rose and Peeled paint. I the splattered a few drops of water on the background to liven the background up a bit.


I then used the birthday cake fancy die from the My Monthly Hero February 2020 kit to cut the shape of the cake. I then used a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die to cut the background to size.

I backed the whole in the background using acetate and created my shaker behind the background. I filled the shaker using sequins from an old Scrapping for less kit.



I found my cake cutout piece and fussy cut the ribbons, cake stand and the candles and used my copic markers to color them;
Cake stand: C9, C7, C5, C3, white gel pen
Candles: C9, R24, YR04, Y19, white gel pen
Ribbons: C9 and also gold deco brush and Sakura glitter pen.

I then glued my colored pieces in the right place on the cake.

I stamped and white embossed the sentiment using a stamp from the Dapper man" stamp set by Scrapping for less on a scrap strip of black cardstock and glued it below the cake.

To finish the card I glued the card panel to a black card base and found two tiny black "diamonds" and glued these on either side of the sentiment.

I hope you will join us in celebrating The Male Room's birthday. I can't wait to see what you'll create.


Comments

Popular Posts