In the garden

Hi everyone! We have a new challenge at The Male Room today and the theme for this challenge is "In the garden". For me, making this card will be the closest I will come to gardening work because here in Trondheim, Norway, the winter came back and my garden is now compleately covered in snow. Brrr!

I started by stamping an image from the Gerda Steiner Designs stamp set called "On the shelf". I colored the image using a few copic colors and then fussycut the image.



I then die cut a circle using a stitched circle die and used very, very light copic marker colors to suggest a garden and a light blue sky. I popped my image up on foam tape and glued it to the "garden" circle.

When my image was ready I started making my base. I dug through the (giant) piles of left over pieces of patterned paper and found the light grey patterned paper scripted with the word "hello" all across. I then found a white piece of cardstock that I cut to size and glued to the right half of the "hello"-paper. I then found a piece of wood panel patterned paper that I cut a couple of stitched circles from. I popped these up on foam tape and glued it to my background.



To give the card some extra depth I glued a couple of wooden embellishments on top of each of the wood panel circles before I glued the garden circle on top of them.

I stamped my sentiment, also from the "On the shelf" stamp set and cut it as a banner shape and glued it to the card panel.

To finish the card I glued the card panel to a white card base and added a few drops of black Nuvo drops across the card.

I hope you will join us in our challenge the next couple of weeks.


Comments

Popular Posts