Spread your wings

After a long summer vacation I have finally managed to get my craft space tidy and fun again and I am loving it. I am looking forward to many autumn evenings by my desk listening to audio books and creating fun things.

Today I am sharing my DT-project for The Male Room's new challenge; "Flight". For this challenge you can choose airplanes, hot air balloons, paper planes, bees and birds, anything that flies. I chose birds.

I just came from my childhood paradise where I grew up in the far north of Norway, where the sun never go down in the summer and where you can see these beautiful flaming evening skies, like this, and where you always hear geese talking away.


I started by masking a line where sky and water would meet. I then masked off a circle where my sun would be before I ink blended the sky using yellow, orange and red tones of distress oxcide inks. I then removed my sun mask and flipped my horisont line mask up to create the water the same way. I spritzed on a few drops of water to create texture in the water and sky.



I stamped my mountains and birds using the July My Monthly Hero kit. I also stamped ripples in the water using blue and white ink, also using a stamp from this kit. The sentiment is from the March 2018 My Monthly hero kit.

I cut the panel to size using a stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn before I mounted the panel on a white card base.

I hope you will join us in taking flight the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to see what you create.







Comments

Popular Posts