Enjoy the ride

It's time again for a new challenge at A Blog Named Hero. It's an exciting one this time and I really can't wait to see what everyone can come up with. For this one we are stretching our stamps and using them in unexpected ways.

For my design team card this time I have made this funny speed loving cat racing down a hill on a bike.


I started by stamping the bike from the January My Monthly Hero kit and the cat from the "sledding stamp n' cut" stamp set. The cat was originally facing the wrong way to sit on the bike so I reverse stamped it by first stamping it on a rubber mat and then by pressing a piece of cardstock on top of it. Great way to force your stamps to fit the surroundings you want to use them with.

The cat also had a santa's hat, but using a white gel pen I changed it to fit my theme better. I colored my images using copic markers and then I fussycut the adjusted cat and diecut the bike.



I used a patterned paper by Pink and Main as my sky and glued a piece of grey cardstock at an angle across the card to create a scary hill. I then cut the scene to size using a stitched rectangle die by Lawn Fawn.

I stamped my sentiment and cler embossed it for some shine. The "happy birthday" sentiment is from the July 2018 My Monthly Hero kit (originally meant for fun fair cards, but works just as well for crazy cats). The "Happy birthday" is from the "It's your day" stamp set.

For finishing touches I glued on a few black sequins before I glued the whole panel on awhite card base.


I hope you will join us the next month in making unexpected things.



Comments

Popular Posts